The overall aim of this online session is to help parents or guardians in their role in parenting their children to have healthy friendships and relationships at home and in their personal lives. This programme is funded by the HSE Crisis Pregnancy Programme.
This session explores what RSE means to you as a parent. It looks at the aims of the RSE Programme and outlines the SPHE curriculum and how your child is taught in school.
Some of the topics covered in the training are:
- Active listening
- Picking good times to talk to your child
- How the school supports your child to build healthy friendships and relationships
- The aims of the Relationships and Sexuality Education in school
- Relationships and Sexuality Education and Special Education needs in school
- Creating a caring and strong relationship with your child
Following this session you may be interested in organising a Parenting: Supporting your child to build healthy friendships and relationships training session in your school. To find out more click here
This programme is funded by the HSE Crisis Pregnancy Programme.